Screened Porch Makeover Reveal

Screened Porch Makeover

A big reason we fell in love with our house when we first saw it was because it had an enormous screened-in porch.  On breezy days it’s a perfect place to relax and enjoy some family time.  We purchased the red sectional when we first moved into our house, and stopped there.   The rest of the room fell short on style!

It was a good piece of furniture in a room with great potential!

Porch-Before

Here’s what we started with.  It wasn’t bad by any means, it just wasn’t great.  So we lived with it for a while until we decided it was time to spruce it up!

I shopped, DIYed and added pieces that I absolutely loved.  Piece by piece, the room really started to come together.

And here’s what it looks like now!

Screened In Porch Full Room

The first thing we did was add an area rug –  it really brightened up the space and made it feel “cozier”.

Pillows in porch

Have you looked at Minted’s “Home” Line?  I’m obsessed!  All three of these pillows are from Minted.  I LOVE mixing prints and Minted has so many beautiful prints to choose from- it’s hard to pick just a few!

Porch with table and couch

I found the white garden stool at Home Goods.  The White Brick Vase and the Hanging Planters are both DIY projects I’ve done.  Super simple ways to spruce up the space!

Table In Porch

This table and chairs fits our space so well, and matches the mood of our porch perfectly.  The table runner is from Minted, too (told you I love their Home Line!)

Flowers close up

You can find this DIY Faux Brick Flower Vase tutorial here.

Close up view of ferns and accessories

I wanted to hang planters to give the space some color, bring in some “outdoor decor” and also draw the eye up, since I love the ceiling so much! You can find this DIY Hanging Planter tutorial here.  They are filled with Faux Ferns from Afloral (low maintenance and always in bloom!)

Couch and plant closeup

Porch full room vertical

Here’s one last look at the room as a whole.  What do you think?

Moscow Mules

I think it’s time for me to relax and enjoy the space and a cocktail! 😉

Shop this Space

Stripes & Triangle Pillow // Minted Print by: Jess J

Table Runner // Minted Print by: Erin McManness

Hanging Planters // The Cofran Home DIY

Faux Ferns in Planters // Afloral

Faux Brick Vase // The Cofran Home DIY

Other Pillows and Accessories // Home Goods

[Dislaimer: I have partnered with Minted and Afloral and have received product in exchange for this post.  All photography and opinions are 100% my own.  Thanks for supporting the brands that support this blog!]

29 thoughts on “Screened Porch Makeover Reveal

• The Cofran Home says:

Thank so much, Pamela! We do enjoy a LOT of time out there – and we’ll be out there even more in the fall! 🙂

1. Nikki Gwin says:

Oh my that ceiling! It is glorious! I’d want to lay down and look at it all the time. hahaha I love the colors you chose, everything looks fantastic. I am in the process of decorating my screen porch also, but I am struggling with how dark it is. You have a lot of wood also, but yours seems much brighter to me. I’d love for you to take a look at mine and make suggestions!
    🙂 gwingal

• The Cofran Home says:

Thanks so much, Nikki! I’m definitely no expert, but I’ve found that adding WHITE to any and everything will brighten up a space. I love having color – but I also love white accents – like my area rug, vase and planters. It also helps that my porch windows are huge and allows for a ton of natural light! I would love to take a look at your porch! I’ll pop over to your site. I’m sure it’s beautiful!

2. Katrin says:

I really love that your porch is covered and screened in, that way you can really enjoy it a lot more! Those pillows are awesome, they look very refreshing on your lovely sectional. In fact, all is lovely, the rug is super!!! I bet you spend a lot of time in this beautiful space!

• The Cofran Home says:

Thank you so much! You’re so sweet. We do enjoy spending lots of time out in our Screened Porch! We really love it!

3. Vanessa says:

Your screened porch is stunning. Wow, I love those gorgeous details you added. What a great outdoor space that I know will go to good use. Enjoy it! I would love it if you would share this inspirational post at a linky party I am co-hosting. I hope to see you there.

4. Kim says:

Your porch looks fabulous! That rug really made it pop! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on Twitter! Have a great week!
    Kim

5. Mary-the boondocks blog says:

Beautiful porch with lots of color. You did an amazing job of pulling it all together and brightening the space up. It could easy have swallowed up the furniture because it is such a big porch but you did a great job and added just the right touches. .